Established in 1788, Sandwich is Windsor’s most historic neighbourhood and has been the setting for many battles over the years. From the earliest Indigenous settlements to now, it has played a key role in shaping our local history. With veterans from as far back as the Seven Years War (1756-1763) buried at St. John’s Anglican Church, the cemetery serves as a who’s who of Sandwich Town’s past. There’s a significant amount of Canada’s military history buried at the corner of Brock and Sandwich Streets. Peter Berry of the Windsor Port Authority has been volunteering his time to not only research and identify all the veteran graves, but also to help maintain the churchyard so the history of the area can be preserved and appreciated, and our respects can be paid.