Community Engagement & Projects Coordinator
Office of the Mayor | City of Windsor
The City of Windsor is a dynamic home to more than 230,000 people. Strategically located on the United States border with Detroit, Michigan. The cities of Windsor and Detroit are the two closest urban areas on either side of the US-Canada border which provides those living in Windsor with all the amenities (sport, theatre, music, culture, shopping) of a major US city while enjoying the safety, security, and affordability of a medium-sized Canadian city. Our local economy is thriving and the opportunities here are endless.
Roles and Responsibilities
The Community Engagement & Projects Coordinator will support the Mayor’s Office by helping lead public engagement with various community stakeholders to gather and share information on matters important to the City, its residents and businesses. Working closely with the Communications Coordinator, you will assist in providing timely, factual and relevant information on important community matters.
Through your well-developed understanding of political environments, you will use your skills and abilities to act as a liaison between the Mayor’s Office, corporate associates, and community organizations and agencies to support the implementation of Council’s 20 Year Strategic Plan through special projects, initiatives, events and activities. Your work will assist the Mayor and other City officials in promoting the City of Windsor.
The ideal candidate is passionate about:
- Working in a dynamic political environment;
- Developing an issue management strategy for a wide variety of community matters;
- Engaging with members of the public to better understand their perspectives and to gather information related to important issues;
- Engagement opportunities as a method to create and sustain partnerships;
- Working with multiple audiences and stakeholders; and
- Working with members of City Council and City Administration.
This position is not for someone who thinks they can do the job, but rather, for someone who has demonstrated they can do the job. The person in this role has good leadership abilities and enjoys change. The ideal candidate should possess the following skills:
- A post-secondary degree or diploma in a field commensurate with the duties described above;
- An ability to work in a fast-paced, high-energy environment and to adapt as necessary;
- An ability to multi-task many projects and prioritize work;
- A demonstrated ability to think strategically;
- A positive, ‘can do’ attitude;
- The ability to interact professionally with a wide audience of diverse groups;
- A working ability in Microsoft Office; and
- Other duties as assigned
Candidates must be willing to work a flexible schedule including working extended hours as needed.
This is a full-time contract position with the Mayor’s Office in the City of Windsor that runs until November 11, 2022.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
If you know this job is for you please send an appropriate response outlining your knowledge, skills and abilities to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline to Apply: All responses are due by Friday, August 9, 2019.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.